So as the title says, I have no idea what to write. So I guess I'll start with why I'm writing this blog 'The Definition of An American Family'. It's simple really, my friend Sarah said that she started a food blog and told me about how much she loves it, so I decided to try it. Now the name came to me when I was helping my dad clean his truck. I wanted to write about everything I've been going through lately, and how hard my family and I have been working to improve our lives. And that's when I thought about the 'American Dream', and how my family and I are working so hard to achieve it. So that's where I got the american family part of my title. And in my opinion, a family that's working to make their life better is in a sense the definition of an american family.
My family consists of my (older) brother, mom, and dad. I also have an amazing boyfriend that is family, just not legally (yet hahaha), and then my boyfriends (older) sister and mother. I do have a rather large extended family, that I rarely see sadly. So now that you have an idea of how many people are in my life (minus friends) I'll tell you about what my day to day life is like. My full time job is as a cake decorator at an amazing custom cake shop (I'm in love with my job by the way), and I am also trying to start up a candle business called Sweet And Lite. On an average week at the cake shop I work 40-50 hours, and then I try to do my candle business on Saturday (I mean making the physical candles). I think I might be a workaholic, and I don't really have the energy to see my friends anymore too. I do stay at my boyfriends house Sunday night to Tuesday, but that's my only relaxing time during the week.
So the main reason why I am doing this blog (besides to try something new) is to share with people my hopefully sucessfull story of the hardships I call life. And I hope it will help you as much as I hope it helps me.
-Mary a.k.a. CupcakeGirl
No comments:
Post a Comment