Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The second post, and I have some good news!

First off, my hours at work are changing. So instead of working Wednesday thru Sunday, I'm now working Tuesday thru Saturday, but it's a half day Saturday so I now have something of a weekend! Maybe I can be a normal 20 year old now and hang out with friends hahaha. And some more good news is that my brother is starting truck-driver school on Monday, and he'll be in there for a month. After that he is going to go on the road with my dad. And on that note I have some bad news. My mom got kicked off unemployment a few days ago, so she has to get a job now. But we have some money saved up, so I think we'll be fine. It just means that I have to put off college again for another year, which is heart-breaking. It was tough enough in the 8th grade when I stayed back, then again when I graduated high school, and now again I get to watch my friends move on with their lives while I'm stuck. In some ways I feel ahead of my friends because I have a cool job, and plenty of work experience. But I feel like there's a huge chunk of life that I haven't experienced yet, and might not be able to.

So why doesn't college have to be so expensive anyways? I don't even know if I'm really better off getting myself in that much debt anyways. Also, I can't believe how many scholarships I'm not quailified for anymore because I didn't go directly to school. And forget student loans, no one in my family has good enough credit, and I don't even make enough to get one either. If anyone has any advice, it's very welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment